8.28.2012

Day 241- My Career

As much stress as it causes to try and be both a mom and physical therapist, I can't deny that I love my work. I mean, there are aspects that I dislike about my particular job, but doesn't that happen with any job? At its essence though... I feel alive when I'm with a kid or talking with the family or learning new treatment strategies. I also feel alive when I'm snuggling with Caleb on the morning or when he learns a new word.

I'm just not sure that I can do a good job with both careers... Mom and PT. Both seem to require so much attention and energy. I don't think it's right to make either child or patient suffer from a divided mind. But will they suffer? I guess that's the question in my mind. Perhaps they will benefit. Perhaps I can work out a better balance? Perhaps I need to sacrifice one for the other?

Oh the choices of a mother.

No comments: