10.01.2014

2 months

Dear Ethan,
You are now over 2 months old!  I was telling your daddy the other night that it feels we've always had you. You are the perfect addition to our family. You are adored by all. You are the most chill, smiley baby that ever was. Here's to hoping that continues :). 

You are a gentle giant!  At your 2 month check up you were 25.5 inches long (over 99th percentile) and 14 pounds (75th percentile). You wear anything between 3-6 and 6-9 month clothes  you are in size 2 diapers. (I'm still trying to pawn off all those newborn diapers you never wore-haha). You eat about 5 oz at a time (when I pump). You are eating about 8 times a day. You are on a pretty good sleep, eat, play, sleep routine during the day and now can fall asleep in your crib independently. You suck your hand and are working on getting your thumb in there. Right at 2 months, you were getting up 1-2 times/night to eat. 

You are a strong baby. You can hold your head up fairly well when on your tummy. You can turn your head side to side. You are staring to pull in your tummy muscles when we are holding you in a reclined position. You love swatting at toys and grab them every once in a while. You aren't laughing quite yet, but give the biggest, goofiest grins. You are cooing and gabbing a lot too. 

Oh Ethan. Once again I am surprised how the love I have for my boys can be equally multipled. I love you intensely. I love you in a special way too. You may be my last baby. I am treasuring your babyhood in a different way than I did with your brothers. I am realizing as they grow how quickly time passes and I'm trying to hold onto every moment with you. You are such a unique, perfect gift. God knew what he was doing when he gave you to us!  
Love,
Mama

No comments: