7.13.2008

Ask... receive...



So I'm reading this book with a study group at church.

I decided that I'm going to ask God to speak to me this week. Not just kind of speak, REALLY speak. The transformation, prune you down, change your life, and bring joy kind of speak. I'm scared. But this morning during church God challenged me. He told me that if I asked- He. Would. Speak.

That's what I want. I really want to hear God. I want to be whole and to live in Him. I don't want some religion where I can find comfort from knowing that God loves me. I want to experience his radical spirit and calling everyday. I'm still scared, but I have some comfort knowing that if he initiated this whole thing, he must have good things in store.

Hopefully more in store. The trick: making time to listen.

2 comments:

amanda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
amanda said...

Wow, this resonates strongly with what I have been learning lately. I understand the fear of what might happen if I truly sought to hear from God each and every day of my life - and most of the time that fear paralyzes me to remain just as I am. If only I held on to the truth that perfect love casts out all fear. Thanks for sharing your heart, Susan, hope you are doing well, I miss you guys!