7.24.2008

A New Response

Yes, I am blogging before 7 am.

This morning my dear husband woke up late. He accidentally set his alarm for pm instead of am- don't you hate that. He has his first day of mental health clinical, so it was potentially a pretty big deal. That's just the background.

The story is my response to what happens. It doesn't happen often, but Alan has been known to wake up late every once in a while. Normally when this happens- I annoyingly say "Alan, you're going to be late" then go back to sleep. This morning, I woke him up and then started praying. Praying for favor for him, that his instructor would have grace. Then, even more amazingly.... I got up to help him get ready, even though I was tired and my alarm had yet to go off. This probably would come naturally to most of you and maybe it's embarrassing to admit that I would lay in bed as my husband struggled to get ready, but it's reality.

I was thinking after he left that I prayer paved the way for a new response. Speaking to God opened my heart. He placed his grace and love in me for my husband, which made it obvious that of course I would help him get ready. May all of my responses be refined by Him.

No comments: