2.01.2011

Day 32- A Cold and Sad Heart

My heart is cold, literally, because it's a high of -2 today. It's been below that most of the time. I think the low is -24 tonight (with a windchill of -35). Thank goodness school was cancelled today (and I just found out it is cancelled for tomorrow too!) so that I don't have to go out in it. Caleb has been going through a growth spurt and waking up every 2 hours during the day and every 4 hours at night to eat, so I could use the time to just veg rather than having to use my brain too much.

My heart is sad because I just found out that a friend from high school just lost the twin boys she was carrying after a long battle with infertility. I don't even know this friend very well anymore, but I'd been following her story via her blog and facebook. My heart hurts for her because I know that she had finally let her heart open to the excitement and love of these two little boys, since she had past the first trimester and was out of the "danger zone." I can't imagine what she must be going through. I am praying that God will mend her brokenness and truly give her the desires of her heart. When things like this happen, it makes me stop and thank God for everything he has given to me. Life is so fragile. I don't want to take any smile or coo or grasp for granted.

"Find rest, o my soul, in God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will not be shaken. My salvation and my honor depend on God; He is my mighty rock, my refuge. Trust in Him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to Him, for God is our refuge." Psalm 62:5-8

No comments: