3.23.2011

Day 82- Lack of control= marshmellows, graham crackers and nutella

Sigh...
I am not good with lack of control. Normally to maintain control (or at least a semblance of control) I create alternate plans to control for the unexpected. Right now I have very little control over major thing in my life, so what can I control when I'm at home after work before Alan and Caleb get home... the most delicious combination ever: graham crackers, marshmallows, and nutella. Can I just mention that I think that nutella is incredible. Not sure why it took so long to come to America.

I just thought of another thing I can control... my reaction to the lack of control. Maybe I should try something besides emotional eating, crumbling to the floor, frantically searching for something to buy on craigslist (because of course I NEED that high chair 2 days before we go to Italy), or spending too much time being non-productive on the internet and intentionally breaking my Lent fast.

Okay, another realization. I can't really control my reaction. I need Jesus.
"The way we live our days, is the way we live our lives."
May your kingdom come in my life.

No comments: