4.13.2011

6 months old!

Caleb is now officially 6 months old!

(as of March 26th)

turning 6 months old in the airport Full body shot :)

Dear little Caleb,


Can I just say that I love you so much! You are a delight in my life! You now weight 17.5 pounds and are 28 inches long. You are in the 90th percentile for height and the 50th for weight. I think you may end up being a bit tall (if your genetics have anything to do with it, you will). You have been learning and changing a lot over the past month. Last month you really started rolling and sitting well, saying consonants, splashing the bathtub, and improving your ability to eat solids! You love oatmeal, bananas, sweet potato, carrots, and other fruits. The only thing you haven't really liked yet are peas and green beans (although you tolerated them mixed with rice). You LOVE clapping, especially patti-cake. You can also stay on your hands and knees for a few seconds at a time. You even traveled to another country! May I just say that you received the "best baby ever" award from every stewardess. You barely made a sound on any of the 4 flights. The most noise you made was squealing with delight on one of the trips. You've still had some trouble sleeping through the night, which makes mom a little tired, but we decided we would work on that after being back from Italy. I'm starting to realize the "weight" of being your mom. I want to protect you and do everything I can to give you the best opportunities in life. I love you and can't believe that I've only had 6 months with you. You are growing up so fast. In ways I'm so excited for each new phase, but I know I'll miss being the one that brings you comfort and snuggling with you as you fall asleep at night.


Love,


Mama

No comments: