6.06.2011

Day 157- Monday Meditation

"Create in me a clean heart, O God, And renew a steadfast spirit within me."
Psalm 51:10

Alan and I have visited 2 different churches the last two weeks. I'm not sure that we'll attend either, but I think that God spoke to me through both sermons, saying the same thing: I need a clean heart. Both pastors talked about how we need God to cleanse our hearts. Otherwise, we will start growing tiny seeds of resentment, bitterness, selfishness, pride, etc. As I've been busy moving, working, taking care of Caleb, and many other things, I've not taken much time to be with God. I've not spent much time having my heart cleansed and my spirit renewed. I can feel those little seeds starting to spring up in my soul and I hate it! I feel captive to entitlement and selfishness. I need the freedom that I cannot earn or create for myself- the freedom of a clean heart.

Holy Spirit, please come and cleanse my heart. Please take out all that does not honor you. Fill me with love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control, so that I can serve others. Thank you for giving up your life so that I can be clean.

No comments: