12.04.2011

Day 338- Christmastime is here...

I can't believe it! Christmastime is here!
It snuck up on me this year, but I'm trying to get in the mood by listening to Christmas music around the clock :) We also got all our decorations up during the weekend after Thanksgiving. (this picture was taken before the ornaments went up on the tree)
It's funny for me to think that this is Caleb's 2nd Christmas. He has changed so incredibly much, yet in many ways, he's still his old self.


Our lives have changed dramatically this year. We moved to a new state, Alan started school, we left dear old Nigel in Colorado, I went back to work, Caleb turned 1, friends have moved, siblings have moved, we sold our house, I turned 27 and Alan turned 28, and many more things. Somehow, out of this year of transition, I'm ending 2011 with a sense of contentment and peace. I feel hope for the future and joy with the day to day. This has been a struggle for me, and still is many days. But, I'm learning to "not be anxious and anything, but in everything, through prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, to present my requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding is guarding my heart and mind in Christ Jesus."

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

your baby is so cute. I miss you guys! We'll see you one way or another this winter!