1.25.2012

Day 25- Broken is beautiful

Life has been busy lately (as evidenced by my lack of blogging). This year so far has been a mix of new responsibility at work, lots of fun time with old friends from JBU, busyness for Alan at school, and more recently trying to get a sick baby well.

Lately, I've been struggling a bit with motivation and stressing about the future. In the midst of the struggle, I've found myself more dependent on God and seeking his help to make it through the day. I'm reminded of a sermon at church a few weeks ago about being the light of the world. God says that we ARE the light of the world. A broken jar shines more brightly in the darkness than one that is fully intact and put together. I hope that through my dependence on God, I'm able to extend extra grace, mercy, compassion, and justice through all my "cracks" and "inconsistencies". I'm thankful that it is in our weakness that he is shown strong.

No comments: