4.01.2008

Adjusting to change- a new family (and other random items)

So, after eagerly waiting... and waiting, we found out our family from Somalia is not coming (at least not now). But, we did find out that we will get to co-mentor a family from Burma (Myanmar). They sound like a really neat family: a father and mother near my age with two sons. We are very excited to pick them up at the airport on Thursday night. We are much more sure about their arrival. It will definitely be an adventure trying to communicate and help them learn their way around Denver (maybe I'll learn my way around Denver a bit better too!)

On another note... I find out tomorrow if I am accepted to go to Ethiopia. I also enter all of my clinical 3 choices into the crazy randomized system to find fairly decide where we will all be. (there will be another update with the results of these two events).

Alan is on week 3 of his Medical/Surgical rotation. He is almost 1/3 of the way through his program and doing really well. I am a little bitter about the fact he is finishing before me (and that he gets to go visit Paul and Bethany while I am taking finals) but... I am really happy that he is in such a good program and will have an awesome stepping stone for whatever direction he decides to pursue after nursing.

2 comments:

Sarah Saunier said...

I am glad that you decided to start blogging. And I am glad that you live in Denver.

Nicole said...

Ethiopia??? Also, Happy Belated 2nd Anniversary ;) Crazy huh! I am also happy about your blogging decisions.. I will check regularly :)