4.18.2008

Perspectives

I had a bad day yesterday. I took a practical exam and did really poorly. So poorly in fact that I questioned why I was in PT school and if I had chosen a profession that I would fail at. I later found that many people who had the same case as me felt similarly. This made me feel a little better, but I was still so demoralized. Nothing is worse than feeling like you studied all you could and still have no idea how to treat a patient. So, I had a little cry and moved on. (Alan taking me to dairy queen for ice cream also helped out the situation.)

The evening is where the "perspectives" part of my blog comes in. Yesterday evening I went to TAP room as usual (tea and prayer). This is a group of friends who get together weekly to talk about world events and pray for those in other countries. We talked about a lot of things happening in the world, especially with people that we know overseas. While we were praying God began to speak to me about my PETTINESS. Mark prayed for the Christians in Zimbawe that they would be able to forgive those who have harmed them and been unjust to them. I thought, "I find it hard to forgive a professor who I feel wrote an unfair test question." I find it hard to forgive a friend who I feel was inconsiderate. I am almost embarassed to write that that I have these little bundles of unforgiveness that I hold onto. We also prayed for Micah's sister and brother-in-law overseas who are going through some intense times (can't really say where they are at). As I prayed for them, I realized that I worry about what clothes I will wear to school and who will do the dishes and if we should go out to eat or not and what type of PT I will be and when we will have kids and what about if our house doesn't sell when we want it to and when will I have time to plant my garden.... Wow. Why can't I let these things go. John, a friend of Mark Dawson's in Kenya, runs an orphange. He was almost killed by a macheti (sp?) a few days ago. Another guy in Sierra Leone is our age and takes care of several orphan children and praises God because one of them has stopped running away from home.

What I remembered tonight was God's unending FAITHFULNESS and patience. He is patient to hear my petty frustrations, fears, and about the "wrongs" that have been done to me. However, he is always faithful to remind me what he has already provided in my life and about the purposes he has for me. He has redeemed us so that we can continue his work everyday around us and throughout the earth.

4 comments:

Sarah Saunier said...

Good things to remember friend. I am glad that we can learn and process through these things together. Good luck with finals!

Stephanie said...

thanks susie... i needed to be reminded of those things, too.

Nicole said...

good thoughts... good for my soul. thanks susan. love you friend

Anonymous said...

Amen.