4.08.2008

More on Ethiopia

So, I've had a few requests to detail more about what I will be doing in Ethiopia. I don't have a ton of specifics, but here is basically what I know. A group of 7 PT students and 2 PTs will travel for one month to Addis Ababa, Ethiopia in March-April of 2009. For three weeks we will be working in one of two sites (either OP clinic or pediatric home for disabled children). The last week we will spend at Project Mercy (a sustainable living community in Yemen, Ethiopia). Al will not be able to come with me (the hardest part about the trip). Like I said, I am really excited for the opportunity to help form a philosophy on overseas mission work, see what real needs exist, and form connections for Al and I to travel when we both have our degrees.

Right now, school is a little crazy. I wrote a list of all the tests, projects, quizes, etc left (and there weren't too many- maybe 16 or so). We only have 12 actual days of class left. I am very ready for an academic break, but I'm also nervous about my next clinical. I won't have the excuse like I did last time of "I haven't learned that yet." We finished covering treatment for the whole body last week. YIKES! hmmm... maybe my insecurity doesn't instill the most confidence- haha. Oh well, I still have a lot of hands on learning to do. I still don't know where I will be for my third or fourth clinical rotation.

On another note... I love plants. I love flowers. I have just begun to realize this. I have started some tomato and flower seeds indoors to plant soon. Really one of the most enjoyable things for me right now is to be out in the "garden" planting, weeding, etc. The frustrating part is that I am not that good at it! Hopefully I will get better as I get more practice! I just never knew how much that I would enjoy that hobby. I really think that I will be a gardener for the rest of my life. (that is if I can figure it out)

Finally... we met again with our family from Burma tonight. I want to write a longer post on it, but I am just so excited about the whole experience and really hope that we can practically help this family learn America. The best part of the night was praying with them. I love that belief in Jesus spans cultures, ages, countries, genders. It is so sweet to have fellowship with other believers. I think I got a small touch of what heaven will be like tonight.

No comments: