4.12.2013

Day 102- Drum roll please....

... I've decided to return to work, but on a very part time basis.
I will be working about 8 hours (plus 1-2 hours paperwork) each week. I struggled and struggled with whether to work part time or stay home. I finally felt like I was supposed to stay home for the most part, but wanted to keep working a little for several reasons 1) to keep my skills current, 2) to complete 5 years of pediatric PT practice, 3) to maintain a good relationship with my boss and co-workers, 4) to give myself a "kid break" each week, 5) to give myself a chance to try out staying home without fully committing, 6) to continue to serve people with disabilities with my education and time. I wasn't sure what my boss would say, but when I met with her, she was incredibly flexible! An answer to prayer!
I'm still trying to figure out the final details... Which day/days to work, whether to do 1 full day or 2 half days, who will do childcare, etc. But I think the details will come together soon. I'm thankful for the opportunity to continue working on such a part time basis, so that I can really invest more time into my family and gospel intentionality.
I'm sure there will be challenges with this new schedule, but I think it will be a good balance for this time in life.
Pics of my two "jobs:








No comments: