4.25.2010

04.25.10- Day 113

Friday night some people from our small group had an impromptu dinner at Eric and Nicole's with our new family from Bhutan- the Bhattarai's. They are so fun to visit with and I can't wait to get to know them better. In many ways they remind me of friends that I met in India. (they are Nepali in descent, look similar, make excellent chai, and are hindu) Also as a side comment, kids from every culture are basically the same. Indra (the mom) kept telling me on Thursday and on Friday that her kids are begging her for a computer and TV! They are threatening to move in with their grandparents (who have both since they have been living in the US for over a year now) unless they get the technology at their apartment- haha.

A pic with the whole group The family and their brother/sister-in-law

I love getting to know people from other countries/cultures. It's like getting to travel without having to pack!

No comments: