9.11.2011

Day 254- thankfuls, 9/11

251. Yummy soup and cornbread with good friends
252. Surviving an 8 mile run
253. A reflective, gospel-centered reflection on 9/11 at church this morning
254. That people volunteer their time to provide childcare during church services
255. A friendly neighbor

9/11
I just wanted write a small note about 9/11. I still remember where I was sitting in Pre-Cal when an announcement came over the intercom that a plane had hit one of the towers of the World Trade Center. I remember thinking... "How stupid! Someone would have to be totally asleep to hit something like that!" I had no idea what was really going on until 2nd period, when they turned on the TV. It was my creative writing class. My teacher just left the TV on and had us write during the whole class. I kept on recording my thoughts and emotions for the next several days. I still have that notebook and hope to share it with my kids someday to help them understand what 9/11 meant to me as a senior in high school. And, when I think about it now, it has truly changed our world.

I'm so thankful that the evil that happened on 9/11 has not been repeated on US soil. I am also reminded today of all the other evil and pain that is present in our world. I'm so thankful that we have a God who hates evil and is going to return one day to bring an end to all tears and oppression and pain. That he has cried out in sadness and anger, just as we do when our corrupt world causes suffering. I'm thankful that I can find hope in his promise to never leave or forsake us.
"On Christ, the solid rock, I stand. All other ground is sinking sand, all other ground is sinking sand."

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: