10.26.2012

Day 300- 4 months to go and 65 days til the New Year

I can't believe that it is almost November!!!!  Well, the weather changed yesterday and at least it feels like late October now (instead of the 80's we'd had for a the last week).  Yesterday marked the 4 month countdown til baby's due date/my 29th birthday.  In many ways it seems like forever away, but it is also coming so quickly.  I have a feeling that with the holidays coming up, things will really fly.  I'm excited to started getting the nursery ready and reading up on labor/newborn care to refresh myself.  Caleb is learning how to be a big boy in anticipation of the baby as well.  He now sleeps in a big boy bed, has started beginning potty training, and is practicing climbing in and out of his booster seat/car seat.

I also can't believe that there are only 65 days til 2013!  This year has absolutely flown by.  I don't know if it is because of getting older, having a kiddo, Alan being in school, or all of the above.  I can't complain though, because while I don't want to wish the next year and a half away... I am looking forward to Alan graduating, getting a job, and being able to settle where ever God leads us. 

We've been extremely blessed to be accepted into community with friends from church who are in the same phase of life and who are lots of fun.  I want to live intentionally over the upcoming months, whether deepening relationships, serving others more, delighting in my children and husband, resting, living more simply, or engaging my mind with my work. 

No comments: