10.01.2012

Day 275- Updated playroom

I recently decided to get some shelving and update the playroom a little to make it more functional for Caleb and to get it ready for making room for a nursing momma and new baby.  Here's a pic of the old design.  All the toys were on the floor in crates.
Here's a few pics of the new design.  I picked up a shelving unit from Target and made my own bunting with scrapbook paper and string.  It was actually pretty easy.  The size I used for each piece (only one-sided) was 7 inches wide x 12 inches long.  Just measure the first one out with a ruler and trace the rest!  For Caleb's birthday, my mom also made some awesome framed art of vintage Smokey the Bear nature posters that she rescued at her school.  They work perfectly in the room.  I still need to put in curtains and a small table for crafts/etc, but I'm waiting til I can find someone to pick up a few things for me at IKEA.  Finally, I put in an arm chair so that I can spend time holding the baby and still be in the same room while Caleb plays.  We like the new design a lot!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

it looks awesome!!!

Stephanie said...

I can't wait to spend a whole bunch of time with Caleb (and baby) in there next summer!