8.12.2010

08.12.10- Day 222

Man oh man- the start of school is going well, but it is busy! It has also be incredibly stretching for me so far as I have several students that need intensive accomodations and adaptations to access their school environment. Most of the kiddos I had last year that used wheelchairs also had cognitive impairments that placed them in a special classroom for children unable to be mainstreamed in school. This year, I have several kiddos that are perfect cognitively, but need massive accomodations in all areas of the school to have as much independence and participation as possible! This is something that I love about my job though: so much problem solving and hardwork with the reward of making a substantial difference in the life of a child! I'm thankful that I get to return to this work on a part time basis after having my child. I still have so much to learn and it's something that I love!

On another note: I just had my 34 week appointment today (picture to come when Alan isn't working in a few days). Baby is growing well, I'm measuring right on with all the measurements that they do, and the baby is in a good position. The most exciting thing during the appointment is that when I asked if the nurse midwife knew how big the baby was, she predicted about 4 pounds. She said that she didn't think baby Hunt was going to be a huge baby like I've feared (due to the track record of his father and grandfather!) Who knows for sure, but it was a relief! I have hope!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

his name is BEAR. of course he's going to be gigantic :)
(actually, i'm hoping these things always come from your mom. i'd like some small babies, too please!)
i can't believe it! he'll be here before we know it! glad school is going well for you!