11.09.2010

11.09.10- Day 311

Two things:
1) I'm in a cooking/recipe rut.... ever since I became pregnant.... sad, I know. What are some of your favorite, easy recipes? I NEED HELP! Please save Alan from another night of freezer/canned/take-out meals!

2)My son is adorable (plus sometimes I get bored when hanging out with him in the morning because he just likes to stare at lights and curtains). Thus, here are:
"The many faces of Caleb..."
Tired Happy
Very tired
Silly CuriousMore to come as he decides to become social :) I actually got a few smiles this morning!

4 comments:

Tim and Randi Weigle said...

I have been surprised that I have been using my crockpot even more since I've been home than I did while I was working, but roast is one of my favorites for those cool nights. It takes about 5 minutes to prep, then you get to enjoy the smell all day until dinner time. If you want the recipe I use let me know!

Caleb is such a sweet little guy! I'm glad things are going well for y'all!

Tim and Randi Weigle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Crystal said...

When I was in this quandary I started subscribing to Cooking Light. It's really really good. After a year of making recipes from it, I can think of only 2 that I didn't totally love. There's a nice mix of easy and fast (almost always healthy) and slightly more gourmet.

ALSO...Caleb is irresistibly cute!!!

Beth said...

I love the crockpot too. But my favorite, easiest thing to make is Oven BBQ Chicken. Chop up an onion and put it in the bottom of a 9x13 pan. Place chicken breasts on top. Drench in bbq sauce (seriously, it will dry up some and the more sauce you have, the juicier it will be). Cover with foil and bake at 350 for 30 minutes. Uncover and bake another 30-45 min. We eat it with cornbread and beans. A great cookbook to look at is Martha Stewart's Great Food Fast. It literally takes the amount of time she says it will to cook that stuff.

Caleb is such a cutie!