11.11.2010

11.11.10- Day 313

1) The post office is NOT open on Veteran's Day. Do not attempt to bundle small child and tread through the winter weather to said post office.
2) Struggling a bit with being bitter/jealous of my husband's freedom and my lack thereof with a new baby. Not that it's his fault or that we could change anything unless we switched to formula, but it's hard. I love little Caleb very much, but I'm at 4 of 7 days basically caring for our child by myself and could use a break. (that said, Alan feels bad for leaving me/working so much, so don't blame him) I think that this whole mothering thing is going to be a great refining work in my life.
3) Day 2 of snow with 2 more to go this week. Winter is here in a vengeance.
4) I think that Caleb's sensitivity is to chocolate :(. But, if I've figured it out, I have many days/nights of peace ahead of me :).
5) I really like the new show, Outsourced. It reminds me of when I went to India and makes me want to return. Yay for comedy Thursdays!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Being a new mom is hard...especially when you are extremely limited in life and your spouse is not. You do eventually get used to it, but those feelings of jealousy often still arise. Sometimes it is really hard for me not to get bitter about the fact that Seth gets to sleep through the night all the time and I have been getting up every night for the last 9 weeks. But at the same time, he doesn't get to experience the close cuddling/bonding time I have in those early morning hours. I think it was much harder to adjust to having the first child though because you weren't experiencing any limitations beforehand. Hope you have a great day and figure out what is bothering your little guy!