12.14.2010

12.14.10- Day 348

Wow, we are getting dangerously close to 2011! (and we all thought the world would end at Y2K! haha)

Hmmm... it was 70 degrees outside today. Literally. We broke a record in Denver. Unfortunately, I've been suffering from mastitis the past couple days and haven't been able to enjoy this unusual weather as much as I'd like. I still decided to go on a short walk to soak up as much vitamin D as I could. It was glorious outside! Maybe I should move to Florida in the winter like all the retired people of the world.

Patrick won the Biggest Loser! I was pretty set on not watching it next season because I thought it was getting worse every season, but now I think I have to watch it because of the previews they gave during the finale (good job marketing person haha).

Today, I embraced being a mom and housewife (granted, the full-time housewife thing is soon to change). I realized that for the first time in a while, I've felt really ALIVE. Maybe it's because I've been so challenged with this new life change, maybe it's because this is exactly the place God wants me to be right now. Now, I may not feel like this tomorrow, but for today, I feel real, authentic, and dreamy. Sometimes it's in the not-so-comfortable places, the I-want-to-be-selfish-but-have-to-grow-up places, the Lord-I-literally-NEED-you-today places where we grow, change, morph, and as a result, become more of the person we were intended to be.

1 comment:

Crystal said...

Ugh, mastitis...so sorry, Susan! That is miserable. I'm with you on the "I-want-to-be-selfish-but-have-to-grow-up." Self-sacrifice is excruciating sometimes, but with His perspective, it's joyful.