8.16.2011

Day 228- Lost and found + family weekend

This weekend Alan, Caleb, and I headed down to Little Rock, AR to get together with my mom's family and celebrate my great aunt Josephine's 100th birthday. It has been 5 years since we've all been together and several kiddos have been born since then. I had never met 4 of them! (granted 2 were under 6 months). It was so fun to catch up with everyone and I hope that it doesn't take so long for us to all get together again. It seems odd that my cousins and I are now the one's toting around little ones (instead of being the little ones toted around). We stayed in a nice hotel and ate... and ate... and ate :). Us Versers are good at that :). In fact, one of my cousin's kiddos said, "awww... why do we always have to go and eat!?" in response to being told we were about to go get dinner.
No pictures of family weekend as of yet, but I'm hoping to steal some from my Aunt Karen who took a ton!

We left the hotel in a bit of a hurry on Sunday morning to head to brunch before going to my great aunt's 100th birthday party. Alas, about 45 minutes down the road after leaving the party I realized that we did not pack my IPad! We called the hotel and they even went and check to no avail. We arrived home late on Sunday night and rechecked through all of our things. By Monday morning I had completely resigned to the fact it was gone. But... later that day, Stephanie (my sister) called me to give me the info for a person at the hotel who found my IPad!!! They mailed it back yesterday! I'm so thankful that someone decided to turn it in rather than keep it as a souvenir. In my "despair" on Monday, I also decided to go on a search for $1000 airplane vouchers I had lost during our move. And I found them too! So, essentially, I was restored $1500 in 1 day. What a gift!

thankful...
150. to see family this weekend
151. safe travels to and from Little Rock
152. safety for my immediate family on Friday evening when a storm knocked over a huge tree in their yard (it fell away from the house rather than on it!)
153. the hotel finding my IPad
154. finding the airline vouchers
155. Caleb tolerating the travel and inconsistent schedule well
156. a gorgeous picture of Caleb that his daycare took and printed out for us
157. a fairly full day at work, even with the cool weather
158. Ethiopian food with friends
159. the invitation to go over to new friend's house tomorrow evening
160. Alan going to the grocery store this afternoon
161. having a library card now
162. homemade pizza
163. Caleb taking 1 step, 3 different times now!

No comments: