5.12.2013

Day 132- Mother's Day 2013

This is my 3rd year as a mother and I am truly just starting to realize what motherhood is. It's not about formulas or equations or happiness or tasks. It's not about activities or organics or schools or parenting styles. It's not about TV shows or sleep strategies or schedules or play dates. Being a mother is not about self-fulfillment, identity, or perfection.

Being a mother is about daily accepting the grace and love that God has given you through the miracle that is your child. It is about learning about how Jesus views you and beginning to view your child that way. It is about the gospel- the good news. GRACE.

Some days are filled with laughter and smiles and giggles. Other days are full of boredom and loneliness and guilt. Many days have cuddles and adventures and firsts. Sometimes there are decisions and questions and mistakes. Most days are a mixture of all of the above. I hope and pray that through each mommy-moment, I am refined. I hope that mommy-hood makes me more like Jesus. I hope that my HOPE becomes built more and more on HIM as the foundation of my life. That love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control are more evident in my life as the result of being a mom. I read once that a parent's responsibility to their children is not to make them godly children, but to give them a godly parent. I want, through the power of the Holy Spirit, to give that gift to my children. That they would know the power of the gospel of Jesus because it daily transforms ME.

Enough rambling-- I had a lovely Mother's Day. Alan did several special things for me during the week, including watching the kiddos for several hours so that I could just get out of the house. Today, I was gifted with new slippers, a Groupon for a massage, flowers for our patio and front door, and going out to dinner. More than anything, it means so much to me to be appreciated and for Alan to teach my sons to appreciate me. More often than not I don't necessarily deserve it, but I do LOVE my children SO much. Perhaps I should be celebrating them today!!


(reality)


(pretty pose)


(slippers)


(front porch plants)


(back patio plants- will look better not in the dark and when they get a little bigger)

And... it wouldn't be Mother's Day without saying thanks to the 2 moms in my life.

Mama- I can't really express in words how much your love, support, and encouragement has meant to me over the years. It has bolstered me in times of discouragement and cheered me on in times of honor. I have been given the gift of seeing your daily walk with Jesus and how he practically speaks to you. Thanks for giving me a love of birds and plants and trees and rainbows. I love you and hope that I can be more like you!





Kayleen- Thank you for unconditionally accepting me into the Hunt family. Thank you for raising a godly, loving son. I have the most respectful, good-willed, kind husband and I know that you played a large role in the man that he is. I hope that I can learn to raise boys as wonderful as you did. I'm sure that I'll be asking your wisdom in this especially as the boys get older.


Thanks!!!!!!

No comments: