5.17.2013

Day 137- Fav of the Week {Disney Appisodes}

The world of kid programming is changing.

I recently downloaded a free app (well, it's more of a sample app) called Disney Junior Appisodes. Basically it is an interactive TV show. It requires the child to speak, "help" the characters, and think about what they are watching. I try not to let my son, Caleb, watch too much TV or spend much time on the IPAD. However, he LOVES it, and I don't mind him spending a small, limited amount of time on electronics each day. In the Mickey Mouse Clubhouse Appisode, "Road Rally," kids learn stop, go, counting, shapes, observation, and many other pre-academic principles. I think that interactive shows are going to be the future of kids' programming. While the "Road Rally" Appisode is free, I'm trying to decide whether to buy any of the others (they are a steep $4.99 each). We probably will download one for our upcoming road trip to Minnesota for one of my sister's graduation. Children younger than 2 or 3 will most likely need help with this app. Caleb needed help for the first couple times and is now able to do it pretty independently (he is 2.5). My guess is that it would be best for kiddos between the ages of 2-5. Hope you enjoy!




Mickey asks what green means... it recognizes if you say, "GO"




Caleb has to move 10 duckies into the box. The speaker counts with each one that goes in the box. Great for fine motor skills, 1 to 1 correspondence, and learning to speak the number names.

No comments: