5.15.2013

Day 135- Fridge overhaul

In an effort to eat healthier, and possibly lose those last 10-15 pounds that seem to be hanging on a bit tighter after this pregnancy than last, I reorganized the fridge.


It may be a bit hard to see, but the biggest change is the shelf organization. From bottom to top the shelves are now organized like this:
-all my bread products are now in the bottom drawer of the fridge
-my veggies are in the large, fruit drawer
-leftovers are next
-deli items (meat, cheese, etc)
-fruit and cut veggies- I am making a big attempt to keep these readily available, visible, and easy to access
-large, healthy snacks (hummus, yogurt, applesauce)
-finally, on the top are miscellaneous items (like sour cream, feta, butter, cream cheese, etc) and eggs

While the overhaul certainly won't make good choices for me, it has helped me think about the food choices that I make. It is easier to grab an apple for a snack when it is washed and sitting prettily at arm level in the fridge. Baby steps, people, baby steps.

No comments: