2.13.2010

02.12.10- Day 43

I had a lovely pre-Valentine's date with my lovely husband today (friday). It started off when I got home and he gave me an orchid and another gift, which I'll talk about in a few days. Then, we went to a nursery to look at house plants. We decided we want to buy a bonsai, but they were too expensive at the place we went. I'm excited about the nursery though- I kind of hate buying all my plants at chain stores like Lowes/Home Depot. I'd rather support a local business that grows Colorado friendly plants.

After we got back from the nursery, Alan took me to the Cheesecake Factory for dinner. It was really yummy. (The picture is my leftover Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake! Yum!)Also of note- I have tulips and daffodils coming up on the south side of my house! The soil is poor on this side of my house and I planted the bulbs too shallow. As a result, they come up around Arkansas time every year. The first year they bloomed, but last year they just sprouted leaves. I'm hoping they bloom this year, since we've had consistent snow all winter. You can see the bottom picture is what the rest of my yard (shaded by our tree) looks like.



No comments: