2.17.2010

02.17.10- Day 48

So... I said that I would talk later about Al's other Valentine's present to me. It was a pair of onesies (one blue and one pink) to give to our baby, which is due at the end of September! That's right, we're pregnant! We just had the first ultrasound today and the baby measured at 8 weeks, but the estimated dates based on my last cycle are between 9-10 weeks. So, we're going in for another ultrasound in about 10 days to confirm the age of the baby. I don't mind at all because it was such an awesome experience to see the little guy/girl's heart beating and a few "shimmies" (that's what they called the baby's movements). It all feels a little more real and I'm SO glad I wasn't making the whole thing up (I was a little worried that I had invented the baby in my mind and they were going to find nothing on the ultrasound- haha). We are so excited and glad that we now know that the baby is implanted and so far healthy- so we wanted to share our excitement with everyone else!!!!


Also, on our Valentine's date Alan took me to a nursery (like the one for plants) to look for a plant to buy for our baby, so that we can grow the plant and it will be the same age as our baby. Isn't he cute? Now you all know why it has been hard for me to be motivated to post on the blog lately- because I couldn't really talk about what I'm thinking! Be watching for pregnancy test and "belly" pictures. (haha- not much belly, but I am tracking my progress)

13 comments:

Lindsey said...

Aw hooray for you guys! I got a little wide-eyed there for a second, seeing TWO onesies. So glad you're doing well!

Nicole said...

yay! Shimmy, shimmy Treasure!

Susan said...

Yeah, definitely not twins- just one in case it's a girl and one in case it's a boy!

Jennifer said...

Yay yay yay yay Yay! I was randomly just thinking of you two the other day and wondering if/when you'd have kids, because ya'll are awesome!

Crystal said...

yippee! you are wonderful and that baby is already blessed to have you as a mommy!

Unknown said...

yay susan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so excited for you! hope you are feeling well. i promise some of your energy will return in the second trimester! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Wow! That is super exciting and very cute what Alan got you for Valentines day!

Krista said...

Yay for September babies! I'm glad you got to see the baby and everything was looking good.

The Nicsperiment said...

I don't think Crystal believed she was really going to have a baby until we were actually holding him in our hands. I still can't believe it sometimes even now, watching him look me in the eyes and recognize me. Congratulations!

Leslye Smith said...

ahhhhh!!! Congrats Sus&Al!!!

Lara said...

Wow, Susan! This is so exciting! Were you planning it, or was it a surprise?

You guys will be great parents. Can't wait to meet the little Hunt.

melissa said...

ahhh!!!!! baby!!!!

Stephanie said...

now i can tell -everyone-! yay!!
i'm so excited for yall! (and let's be honest. i'm excited for myself, too! i love to be an aunt!)