5.31.2010

05.31.10- Days 140-147

Wow...
I've been it's been a while since I updated! Lots of things have happened since I last posted. Life has been a little busy. I finished up my last week of school, travelled to Arkansas to visit family, and returned to Denver. Here's a recap of the past few days!

Day 140- Saturday, Alan and I flew from Denver to Tulsa. We fly to Tulsa because it's about $200 cheaper than flying to Little Rock. The only downside: my parents have to leave to drive there before we have to leave to drive to the airport. Upside: it's a direct flight that only lasts an hour and 45 minutes.

Day 141- Sunday, The whole family- Dad, Mom, Me, Al, Stephanie, Charlie, and Stacy headed out to the Middle Buffalo for a few days of relaxation and canoeing. Our cabin was so lovely and the weather was great (although perhaps a little hot and humid).

Day 142-Monday, Alan and Charlie went fishing in the creek by our cabin in the morning and the whole family went canoeing/rafting in the afternoon. See the pics of us getting ready to go.

Stacy, Steph, and Dad The "cuspers" (that's what we call sisters in our family)
Isn't my mom cute in her canoeing hat!
Day 143- Tuesday, Mom, Al, Charlie, Steph, and I went hiking at Tyler Bend. We had many close calls with poison ivy and ticks. I think most of us made it out alive. After the hike, we packed up and headed back to Russellville.


Our cute cabin


Fresh spring water that we could drink right outside the cabin
Day 144- Wednesday, We hung out in Russellville and took Alan back to the airport so he could go back to work on Friday. Unfortunately for him, there was bad weather in Denver and he got stuck in Tulsa overnight and had to get a hotel room. Poor guy.
Day 145- Thursday, We hung out again in the morning and relaxed. Stephanie, Stacy, and I went to shop for groceries and belated mother's day gifts, since we decided to celebrate mother's day late when we would all be there. I visited my mom's PT appointment and then we ate Stephanie's yummy homemade pesto pasta for dinner.
Day 146- Friday, Charlie, Steph, and I went blueberry picking in a small town outside of Russellville. It was great fun and we had a good spot. It only took us about 30 minutes to pick a gallon and a half of blueberries. See our cool basket systems below! Later, we celebrated Mother's Day by making curry, naan, and chocolate cheesecake for dessert!

Day 147- Saturday, Today we said goodbye. Stephanie and Charlie left to drive back to Baton Rouge around 11. Mom, Dad, and I left around 1 to take me to the Tulsa airport. It wasn't too sad to say goodbye since we all have a reason to get together again in mid to late September :).

1 comment:

Unknown said...

did you stay at horseshoe? it looks just like our cabin there!! :)