6.06.2010

06.06.10- Day 155

The last few days have been a little busy...
Here's a peek of what we did:

On Friday, Alan played in Paul's younger brother's wedding. They were fabulous live music. Tons of people were dancing and I was just proud of my stud husband. It was really fun to see him play in a band. I've only heard him by himself at home or on worship team since I've known him.
Saturday was my baby shower- pics from that when my friends post them. After the shower, we hung out for a while, then went to the Denver Chalk Art Festival. It was so cool. I've been wanting to go for several years now.
We took a break from looking at chalk art to listen to a band play for a while. They were so good- kind of a mix between John Mayer, Coldplay, and Pete Yorn.

After the festival, we walked to the Wynkoop Brewery for dinner. It was a little funny for me to go to a brewery as a pregnant lady, but not to worry, I didn't consume any alcohol :).

Today, Alan and I went to church and were SO blessed by gifts and loans of baby/maternity items by friends from church that either found out about needs at my shower on Saturday or couldn't make it. I now have more summer maternity clothes, a boppy, and nursing pump to borrow, as well as some lovely gifts.
After church, Carissa, Nicole, and I went to the Jeffco Library Book Sale to look for children's books. Although their children's section was pretty disappointing, we found great books in the other sections. Today was $5 for all the books you can fit into a bag. Check out all the books I got!!!!! I got several books for baby to read when he's a little older, some on baby's first year, raising boys, The Book of Virtues, and a family advent book. I also got several older classics (even a set of 3 poetry books from 1903 in perfect condition). I got the set of Hinds Feet on High Places and Mountain of Spices. Also in the new collection are The Testament, Divine Secrets of the YaYa Sisterhood, and a book on prayer by Foster. All in all: 25 books in pretty good condition for $5!!!!!!
Later in the evening, Alan dropped me off at city park on his way to work so that I could hang out with Nicole, Eric, Carissa, and Brian at Jazz in the Park. Jazz in the Park is a weekly jazz concert in City Park that takes place all summer in Denver on Sunday evenings. It was lovely. We ate a picnic dinner, played Mexican Train dominos, and just relaxed- enjoying the music and lovely weather.

I love summer. PS- It does need to cool down here a bit because it's already WAY too hot for Denver in early June.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

aww! i wish we lived closer! what a fun summer you're having! :)