6.17.2010

06.17.10- Day 166

Good grief- has it really been over 10 days since I last posted? I totally thought that with summer here and more free time that I would be a blog maniac. Although I have had more free time, I've also been pretty busy. Here's a peak into some of the fun things I've been up to so far this summer:

Tuesday the 8th- Rockies game! We got a tiny sprinkle, but overall it was a nice night for a baseball game.
Sunday the 13th-Monday the 14th- Belated Anniversary date! Alan and I never really got to properly celebrate our anniversary due to work and Al's hip surgery. We decided to get a nice hotel downtown and make a little mini trip away from the casa. We checked into the Oxford hotel on Sunday afternoon and relaxed for a while.
Then, we went to eat at the India House. YUM!!!!!After that, we walked through the drizzle to see the new Karate Kid. It was a really enjoyable movie. I totally recommend it to anyone who wants a feel good movie with beautiful scenery.The next morning, after watching an early World Cup game, we ventured out and had breakfast at the corner bakery cafe.

Goodbye Oxford hotel. We enjoyed our mini-vacation!
Tuesday the 15th- Film at the Rocks: Princess Bride! Film at the Rocks is a summer movie program that goes on every Tuesday night at the Red Rocks Amphitheater right outside of Denver. 8,000 people come to watch a couple concerts and a movie. It was so fun to watch Princess Bride with an amphitheater full of total fans. There was cheering when Wesley entered the scene and boos whenever Prince Humperdink would come on screen. The crowd was so lively! Plus, it's just a gorgeous place to be in general.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

look at me on your live feed from new roads, louisiana. you're having such a fun summer! it's going to kill me with mom and dad visiting you and being stuck here :( you should take them to the amphitheater!