9.24.2010

09.24.10- Day 265

40 weeks... 2 days... and counting...

If you are interested in the whole sweeping the membranes thing keep reading, if not, stop here...

So, yesterday I went in to my midwife appointment at 4:00. They checked my cervix and I was 2 cm dilated and 70% effaced with a soft cervix. I asked if they would sweep my membranes. It was fairly uncomfortable, but not as bad as I was expecting from what I had heard from other people. After the appointment, I felt pretty crampy and had some minor bleeding. Alan and I went on a walk for an hour, then picked up Panera for dinner. We watched the all the new comedies on NBC, which was enjoyable. During that time I started having "real" contractions (that is contractions with some pain associated, rather than just tightening like I had with Braxton Hicks). Over the course of the night I had contractions off and on and lost my mucous plug. I used to be worried that I wouldn't notice when I lost the plug, but never fear, it is very obvious when you lose it! haha. By the time I woke up in the morning, I wasn't really having any contractions and felt fine. So far today I've had a few contractions, but nothing regular- even after going on another long walk and bouncing on my birth ball. Hopefully things start to pick up soon!

3 comments:

Rose Starr said...

Oh, so glad they weren't that painful! Praying your labor kicks up asap!!!! It's BABY TIME!!!
~Rose

Stephanie said...

:) you're doing good little mama!

Crystal said...

ugh, there is no time like the time when you're waiting for your baby to come! God bless you and I hope those contractions are good and strong and Baby Hunt makes his appearance pronto!