11.06.2011

Day 310- City Market

Bethany and i ventured out to City Market on Saturday morning. I can't believe I've waited this long to go to the downtown city market in KC! There are tons of fruit/veggie vendors, spice stores, fresh mediterranean shops, and any other type of vendor you would expect at a farmer's market. I bought 6 bell peppers to slice and freeze for fajitas (for $1!), 2 lbs of strawberries ($2), and a 1/2 cup curry powder ($1). I'm trying to increase my fruit/veggies intake, after a slump of poor eating choices. Cheap, fresh produce certainly helps with motivation!



2 comments:

Krista said...

This makes me miss KC so much! I love going to city market!

Lindsey said...

My roommates and I head out to City Market for produce shopping almost weekly. Next time you go, pop into Bloom Bakery for a chocolate croissant. SO. GOOD. Also, the pitas from the Arab market are delicious. Last time I was there, I got a purple pepper for free, since I told the vendor I'd never seen one before :)