11.19.2011

Day 323- Low Maintenance Couponing

So, have you ever watched the show, Extreme Couponing? You know, the one where these women spend 30+ hours each week, but then only spend $2 on a $885 transaction. Then you feel guilty because you just spent $95 at the grocery store! Alas, you too could have purchased 300 disposable razors, 700 free bottles of Gatorade, 450 packages of spaghetti noodles, 250 bottles of ketchup, and 40 crest whitening strips. Haha. I know, I'm just jealous.

But, really, that's just NOT what I'm looking to accomplish. I just want to save some dough on my family's grocery bill. I'm just not up for clipping thousands of coupons, then matching them to store sales each week. This coupon binder is the opposite of what I have time and energy for...


But, apparently, there is a way to do this more simply!!!! *insert hallelujah chorus here* The simplest way to coupon is to file your coupons (mainly the big coupon packs that come in the sunday paper) based on the week they came in the paper (still not sure what to do with non-newspaper coupons- I'll get back to you). Then you just peruse some couponing website for the deals each week. There are women out there with websites that have already done all the work, people! The bottom half of my "resource blogs" are all couponing websites. I really like Kansascitymamas.com for this area because she has all the local deals broken up by store. She highlights the best deals, then gives links for all the other deals.



No comments: