5.04.2009

New Beginnings...

It's official!!!! I am now Dr. Susan Hunt, DPT. (oh wait I haven't yet received my diploma-should be soon) I will be adding PT, DPT to my name after passing the board (cross you fingers and pray) at the end of this month or beginning of June. I sincerely feel a weight lifted from my shoulders and lots of hope. My life has been defined by syllabii, class time, and assignments for the past 20 years. Although I am very blessed to have had the opportunity to pursue an education, I am very excited about choosing my evening and weekend activities!

Things I want to be intentional about with the my free time:
1) intentionality with friends- invite people over to dinner, have coffee chats, running buddies, just spend more time with established friends and get to know new friends better.
2) more Bible study... I've barely had the energy to read all of the school work assignments over the past 3 years, which has turned my devotional into more of a prayer/journaling time rather than true Bible study.
3) Exercise- you would think that in 3 years of learning about the benefits of exercise that I would be dang good at it- nope! I want to get into a really good habit of being healthy in this way.
4) Reading professional journal articles THAT I AM INTERESTED IN. No more reading about the best diagnostic test for lateral epicondylitis. I can read all the articles on stroke management and pediatric outcome measures that I want!
5) Writing notes- I used to write notes and letters to people all the time. It was fun to encourage and communicate with people in this way.
6) Volunteering with my physical therapy skills- although I could not do this before school because I had no physical therapy skills, I hope to be able to volunteer my skills (perhaps at a place like the Inner City Health Clinic) to underserved populations.
7) a thousand more things... uh oh... I may be busier now than I was in school!!!! Better add #8.
8) A balanced life with time for activity, meditation, and rest.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

congrats, dr. susan!!! so excited for you! :)

Megan said...

yea congrats dr. goble!! time for the next 10 year plan! i have an idea of something you can do now that you are a dr-come to china!!! yea!

Sarah Saunier said...

can I be one of those friends that you spend more time with?
Yeah! You are done.