7.18.2010

07.18.10- Day 197

Updates on the nursery:
Fresh paint and new curtains (after 2 days of hard painting work- 3 coats of Kilz and 2 coats of paint- the cork was finally covered. Yes, two of the walls in the office used to be covered in cork wall paper. Crazy people of the 60's-70's.) Couldn't have done it without the help of mom and dad! THANKS a TON!
Alan put the crib and changing table together!
I helped a little.
The crib complete with rocket bedding!
The changing table.
View from the door of the crib and dresser.
I picked out the colors and mom painted the dresser. Isn't it cute!? It matches the bedding so well! What is really cool is that my mom bought this dresser for $15 to go in my baby room before I was born! It used to be yellow then :). I think it's so fun that my baby gets to have the same dresser I did. It is the perfect size for baby clothes!
The dresser and bookshelf. The only big thing we still need is a rocking chair/glider. I am also planning on making some wall hangings for the room too!
Getting the room ready is making me more excited for baby to come (and makes it feel more real)! He now will have a cozy place to live.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

sooo cute, susan!

the dresser is my favorite part. love it!!!

Nicole said...

way to go friend! it looks great :) can't wait to see it in person!