10.13.2011

Day 286- Couponing

No, I haven't been couponing... I NEED COUPONING HELP!

I watched that show "Extreme Couponing" a couple of times and now I feel guilty every time I go shopping! How do those ladies do it? It must be addicting to get paid for taking $800 worth of groceries out of a store!
I have been more brand/ingredient conscious since having a child, so our bill has gone up, not to mention that KC groceries are more expensive than Denver's. (Who would have thought!?) I follow a couple of couponing blogs, but thus far they have only served to make me feel guilty as well. I think the main problem is that couponing is the FULL TIME JOB of these ladies (or at least part time job). I have to remind myself that I make more money in my part time job than saving a couple hundred in groceries each month (maybe?! some of those ladies are crazy good!) I wish there was a way to do couponing 1/2 way. I feel like you either have to go all in or just pay full price. (Now I am definitely a budget shopper- Aldi, store brands, etc, just don't have enough time to shop all the store sales and find coupons to match). I guess in the mean time I'll keep brainstorming ways to reduce my grocery budget. I'd be curious what all you fellow bloggers do to reduce your monthly grocery bill. Especially if you're too busy to create an excel spreadsheet from every store in town that corresponds to coupons in your larger than life coupon binder!

Thankfuls...
331. having a clean house
332. having a charged camera
333. having time to blog
334. having a sweet aka "awesome" husband
335. having a child that is healthy enough to learn how to climb on top of things :)

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Good question Susan! I need the same info :)Someone should totally publish a book about it... and then give me a coupon to buy it!