10.29.2011

Day 302- Baked Tortellini

I made Baked Tortellini for dinner a few nights ago. It was SO yummy. I forgot to take a pic of it and before I knew it, we had eaten all the leftovers. Here's a pic of a little different version.


This is the recipe that I used:
1/2 c. Chopped onion (didn't use because Al is allergic)
1 t. Olive oil
1 garlic clove, minced
2 9 oz packages of refrigerated tortellini (I used spinach tortellini)
1 jar Alfredo sauce (I used sun-dried tomato Alfredo)
1 c. Cubed cooked chicken (I used 1 shredded rotisserie chicken breast)
1 c. Milk
1 c. Water
1 c. Frozen peas
1/4 t. Black pepper
2 T. Fresh basil or 1 t. Dried basil (I also added 2T. Pesto)
1/4 c. Grated fresh parmesan cheese
2 T. Butter, melted
1. C. Bread crumbs (I used panko)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 400. Heat oil and add onion/garlic in large skillet. Cook until tender. Stir in pasta sauce, tortellini, chicken, milk, water, peas, and pepper. Heat until mixture comes to a boil; remove from heat and add basil.
Meanwhile, for crumb topping, mix melted butter, bread crumbs, and parmesan cheese together.
Spoon pasta mixture into 9x13 baking dish. Add crumb topping evenly over surface. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until edges are bubbly and top is golden brown.

The great thing about this recipe is that I think it could be adapted to use red sauce or ground beef or any vegetables you have laying around.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: