3.01.2010

03.01.10- Day 60

These pics are from Micah and Betsy's wedding on Saturday in Breck. It was a beautiful and personal wedding. I'm inspired to love more deeply and more Christ-centeredly.
Me and Alan
Sarita and I

On a completely random note: our baby's brain is developing 250,000 neurons per minute this week. If that isn't reason enough for another helping of cake or cheese slices, I'm not sure what is :). Seriously though- that's incredible! I know there are billions of cells in a body, but 250,000 neurons per minute? crazy. That means that I'm officially 10 weeks. I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to switch over to the midwifery practice at my clinic or stick with the OB practice. If anyone has strong opinions on this matter, feel free to share. I'm up for learning from whatever experiences you all have been through before.

Another side note: I really like my small group. The people in it have been a huge blessing in my life over the past year or two. I've laughed a lot, learned a lot, eaten a lot, and grown close to these amazing people as we each walk through life changing journeys together.

Anyway, I better go because I have 3 IEP meetings tomorrow and I'm not quite finished with my reports! I've also got to figure out where the first one is because it's a progression to Kindergarten meeting and I've never been to the school it's at. Good thing for GPS!

4 comments:

Sarah Saunier said...

You are such a nerd! I love it. Yeah for baby treasure.

Krista said...

I would encourage switching to the midwifery practice...I had an OB last time and everything was fine..until the delivery. I already feel like my midwife is going to be a lot more present and helpful this time around. She said that she will be there for most of the labor part too which is something that OB's do not do. I had a completely natural delivery with Aidan and it was awful having to wait for my OB to get there to deliver him. They kept telling me not to push, which is basically impossible at that point. Midwives seem a lot more educated on helping with pushing, preventing tearing (one of my main reasons for switching), and the like. I am super excited about having a midwife this time around.

Crystal said...

I had an OB both times. First time wasn't a great experience. Second time was better because I had a doula with me for emotional/spiritual strength and support. If you go with an OB, I would hire a doula. I think if I had to do it again, I would go the midwife route, though. Have you seen The Business of Being Born? It's very biased, but very interesting. Also, the book Birth by Tina Cassidy is fascinating. I wish I had read it before I had kids. Either way, the most important thing is a healthy baby and mama - you'll make the right decision! Blessings!

The Swifts said...

I second the doula if you go with an OB. I had a midwife and a doula! My midwife was wonderful and there the entire time I was in labor. They are totally for natural births and help you in every way possible avoid a c-section. My doula was also wonderful for helping with ideas for decreasing pain. Oh, one thing to think about is using a TENS unit during labor. The one time I didn't have it ramped up during a contraction I about hit the ceiling. It was very helpful.