3.15.2010

03.15.10- Day 75

Sorry for the absence. The end of last week/weekend were pretty busy and I was absent from the blog world.

Several thoughts:

1. Alan and I had a fabulous weekend with Paul, Bethany, and Sarah in Kansas City. It was a long drive, but worth it to spend time with good friends. There's nothing like heart friends for good discussion, encouragement, laughs, and rest.

2. I'm officially in my last week of my first trimester (belly- or absence of belly- pics up soon. i promise!). I can't believe I'll be 13 weeks pregnant next week. That's officially second trimester, as well as starting the 4th month! Crazy. It still seems surreal on basically every level. I'm sure the next 3 months will change all of that.

3. Our church is doing a church-wide book study on the book One Month to Live. I (and several others in my small group) haven't really been able to get into the whole thing and we had a good discussion on why at small group tonight. It's basically because the book kind of forgets about the gospel. It makes our journey as a Christian based on finding fulfillment and happiness and leaving our mark on the world. The whole thing is just backwards though. The Bible that I read describes our journey as a Christian based on losing ourselves, looking towards the goodwill of others, sacrifice, and bringing the kingdom of God to the world. Eric brought up a good point in that the book makes the goal finding fulfillment and joy in life and the byproduct serving God and building his kingdom. He said that the reality of our gospel is the exact opposite. The goal is to serve God and build his kingdom and the byproduct is fulfillment and joy. Ugghh... the American church (of which I am an active member constantly buying into self-help religion- aka I'm not pointing a finger, I just think it's time to start switching our mentality.)

No comments: