7.01.2011

Day 182- Fav of the Week- water...




I never realized how important water really is until the water main broke today in our county. There is a boil order on all water for 2 days for 400,000 people. (all because a raccoon got electrocuted in the breaker for one of the pump houses.) All the water bottles are sold out at stores and restaurants are closed or only partially operational. I went to Starbucks today after work to catch up on notes and totally forgot that you need water to make coffee drinks :). I ended up with a Bare Naked Berry drink and pumpkin bread. They were both very tasty. I wasn't really in the mood for coffee on the hottest day of the year anyway. Back to water... so, Al and I have a huge pot of boiled water on the stove for bottles, drinking, teeth brushing, etc. I'm trying to imagine what life would be like if this was an everyday reality like it is for so many around the world. I'm so thankful that my water will okay again at 5 pm tomorrow evening and that I have instant fuel to purify my water that comes out of my tap. Here's a shout out to charitywater.org... They help the millions of people who struggle with this issue everyday.

No comments: