7.18.2011

Day 199- 1000 Things I'm Thankful For...

I've seen other people go on a journey to record 1000 things they are thankful for. I think that during this time in my life, when I'm in transition, would be perfect for reflecting on all the good things that I am surrounded by daily.

"It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; For You, Lord, have made me glad through Your work; I will triumph in the works of Your hands. O Lord, how great are Your works! Your thoughts are very deep."
Psalm 92:1,4-5

"Oh give thanks to the LORD, for he is good, for his steadfast love endures forever!"
Psalm 107:1

"In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Jesus Christ concerning you"
1 Thes. v. 18.

I bought a little journal to record my thankfulness in, and my goal is to finish 1000 things by the end of the year. I thought I'd start off with 25...
1. A relationship with God
2. Alan
3. Caleb
4. My family I grew up with... Mom, Dad, Stephanie, Stacy
5. My new family... David, Kayleen, Matt, Jamie, Charlie
6. A/c
7. Good friends (even if we are scattered)
8. Being able to read/write
9. The opportunity to have travelled to Mexico, India, Thailand, Ethiopia, China, and Italy
10. That most people speak English in the world (since I stink at learning new languages)
11. My new shoes from target
12. Lightening bugs
13. Caleb's laugh
14. Caleb's health
15. Chocolate
16. Not having to work full-time
17. Going to Brookhill growing up
18. That I can't control the future
19. I don't have to be perfect
20. That my husband empties the mousetraps for me
21. Watching Caleb sleep
22. Sleeping in... Every once in a while
23. Having Bethany close by
24. Washing machines/dryers (even if I don't like laundry... These make it a lot easier!)
25. Hot water


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

#20 is a reason to get married if there ever was one! :)
i am also thankful for #17.
and i miss #12. (pesticides kill them here :( )

and i am OBVIOUSLY thankful for you, al, and caleb, too!

Anonymous said...

yay brookhill!
-megan