7.31.2011

Day 212- 10 months and Swimming! (and thankfulness)

Caleb turned 10 months on the 26th! I'm just now getting around to posting about it because we've been busy with a visit from my mom (yay!), work, and Alan finishing his first semester of school! We had a hard time getting Caleb to be still for this one. He's getting more and more mobile! Dear Caleb,
You amaze me everyday. For one, I didn't know that it was possible to love you any more and I do every time you smile at me, scrunch your nose, or even when you're naughty (because it reminds me that I have a big responsibility in raising you). I just can't help but swell with love. You've had a big month... standing independently, saying "dada", holding a bottle on your own, nodding, scrunching your nose, getting 2 more teeth (numbers 5 and 6), meeting your Great Grandma and Grandpa Hunt, and I'm sure more than I could think of. You love playing with your ball, rings, shape puzzle, toy car, and reading books (or eating them sometimes :) ) You are sleeping beautifully through the night and napping well (when not at daycare). You take 1 or 2 naps a day (mostly 2) of about 1.5-3 hours. You sleep through the night from around 7:30 pm to 7:30 am with Dad feeding you around 11pm. You are taking a bottle of between 4-8oz, 5 times a day. You wear 12 month clothes and size 3 diapers. As you move even more towards independence, I'm trying to treasure this time when you still like to cuddle before bed and touch my nose a hundred times a day. I love you and pray for your health and future everyday.
Love,
Mama

Caleb playing with his ball
First time swimming at a "real" poolHe loved it!
He didn't like his hat so much (it lasted about 1 minute). It's cute though- right!?
Hopefully I'll get some pictures from my mom of when she was here visiting. We had a really lovely time together. It was short, but it was really sweet!
thankful...
76. that my mom was able to come a visit
77. going to the pool with Caleb and Al
78. a really good message at church this morning
79. finding some good garage sale items on Saturday for Caleb- jeans, 2 pairs of shoes, a fleece, a shape puzzle, and giant legos- all for $5!
80. a nice run tonight
81. a relaxing weekend
82. having Mondays off
83. finding a 1/2 marathon to run in October! The Kansas City Marathon
84. reclining couches
85. re-meeting some of Al's classmates on Friday for an end of summer celebration
86. that the church we think we're going to settle at has a MOPS group
87. the zenias that my mom brought up for me
88. the home grown watermelon that she also brought me (I've been enjoying a little everyday!)
89. Al went out and got doughnuts this morning
90. we were actually on time to church this morning

No comments: