7.21.2011

Day 202- Torn

So, while standing in line after grocery shopping today, I got into a conversation with a gentleman. He wanted to know about Caleb, how old he was, etc. I noticed that he had a child with a disability, which he soon told me was autism. He warned me that it was the vaccinations that caused it. He said his son was developing completely normally and that they watched him sink into his own world after his 18 month vaccinations. He told me to be careful because he doesn't want the same thing to happen to anyone else's child.

Aaaahhh! How do you, #1 respond to that (smile and say you'll think about it?) and #2 take your son in to get his 12 and 18 month shots!? I toiled quite a bit over getting vaccinations and have worried about autism since I found out Caleb was going to be a boy. I just wish that there was some absolute source that could explain for sure the cause autism and why it has increased so rapidly over the past couple decades. I know there are no studies linking vaccinations to autism, but it's crazy hard to ignore the child self-stimming in the middle of Sam's and his concerned father.

Thankful for...
44. A healthy child
45. The huge bag of pita chips I got at Sam's today
46. Sweet texts from my hubby
47. Time to blog
48. That the extreme heat will take a break this weekend
49. That I live closer to the "Galbo" side of my family
50. That al and I are going to get away for a night in a couple weeks-thanks kayleen


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments: