8.31.2009

8.30.09- Day 104


Candid picture at our Financial Peace final session potluck! We had the last session, which was all about giving and reminding us of who actually owns the money that we have. It was a really good reminder that we are simply stewards and how important it is to live with open hands. It also made me feel a little better about some of my questions about the whole Dave Ramsey philosophy (not that it is perfect, but at least I know that Dave Ramsey believes that Christ and his gift of salvation to us is more important than any amount of money and that the money in our hands is not ours, it is for His kingdom.) I feel inspired. Someday, I want to be able to look back on my life and know that the wise decisions Alan and I made with our finances and through God's grace have been able to be used by God's power to make a difference for His kingdom. Not there yet, but someday...

Also today: Church- a really great sermon. I so appreciate Pastor Dean's honesty and willingness to speak truth in a way that is full of grace. Thank you for confronting the sin in our lives and inspiring us to live the way we are called to live. Lunch with friends- Colby was still in town. A little research in the afternoon and preparing banana nut bread and a broccoli dish for the potluck. Went to bed after watching the end of the Bronco's preseason game. (it may not be such a great football season here in Denver, but we'll keep our fingers crossed!)


No comments: