7.01.2009

6.30.09- Day 44







Okay, this is your moment... shed a tear or many tears for the destruction of the plants around my front yard tree. Yesterday, after Alan and I went with Eric to the airport to pick up Nicole and Sarah(and out to dinner and dessert, we returned and all of the irises and my two beautiful bleeding hearts were destroyed! All of the leaves were sheared off the irises and all the branches broken off the bleeding hearts. Animal or malicious person? I can't decide. The amount of destruction makes me think it was a person, but a few weeks ago, I found 4 leaves sheared off one of my hostas and 3 leaves sheared off an iris. That makes me think it was an animal. Either way- it makes me sad! I think the irises will survive- they are pretty hearty, but I'm not so sure about the bleeding hearts. That's what I get for spending time on our landscaping! Has anyone had something similar happen? If so, what did you do to ward off any animal (or person) who likes to destroy your plants?

Also today: shopping for trip to China, finishing the bathroom painting touch-ups, going to a Sierra Leone story dinner, watering the grass... not a super exciting day, but did some fun stuff.

No comments: