7.26.2009

7.26.09- Day 69



Tomorrow is officially my first day of work as a PT. Granted I will not be treating any patients because it is a week of "new teacher training." I have mixed feelings about stepping into the working world. I have been in school for so long that I'm not sure what to even expect. It's a great unknown to have a career and responsibilities (outside of myself)and to have coworkers and a paycheck. I am excited about many aspects of working: I get to use the degree I've worked so hard to gain, I get to help children and families with my skills, I get a paycheck... I am also nervous and not looking forward to other aspects: I will have full responsibility for the well being of the children I'm working with, There will be consequences to others besides me if I am sick or take a day off, I may not know all of the right answers, I might embarrass myself, It's more fun to not have responsibility... However, I know there is a reason and plan for me to have this particular job and this profession. All that to say- Physical Therapy Position with Aurora Public Schools- here I come!

Of note today: taught sunday school, which went pretty well considering there were about 15 1-5 graders. I think some of them really "got it." block party after church, work around the house, spend an hour with the hubby, financial peace university, print off some stuff for the job, blog. Now I will get everything ready to go for tomorrow and get to SLEEP!