7.26.2009

Yummy and Quick Enchiladas



I was in a food rut this afternoon and decided to search allrecipes.com for a new recipe for dinner. The only meat in the house was some chicken (and we all know there is no such thing as a meal without meat in the Hunt household- haha). I found this Enchilada recipe. It's super yummy- I did make a few changes that I tried to notate on the recipe. Hope you enjoy!

Quick Enchilada Recipe from Allrecipes.com- serves about 6, time start to finish: 30 minutes (20 minutes if microwaved instead of baked)

INGREDIENTS
* 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (Regular or 98% Fat Free)
* 1 cup Chunky Salsa (I used fresh)
* 6 flour tortillas
* 1 (10.75 ounce) can Campbell's® Condensed Cheddar Cheese Soup (or I used real cheddar cheese and about 1/4 cup of leftover cheese dip)

DIRECTIONS

1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Cook chicken in nonstick skillet until browned and done, stirring often. (I added cumin, garlic salt, and chili powder to my chicken and shredded it) If you prefer you can cube beforehand or shred after browning. Add chicken soup and 1/2 cup salsa. Heat through.
3. Spoon about 1/6th of the chicken mixture down center of each tortilla. Roll up tortilla around filling and place seam-side down in 9 x 13 dish.
4. Mix cheese soup, etc and remaining salsa and pour over enchiladas. Cover.
5. Bake in oven for 10-15 minutes or until hot. (the original recipe said you could microwave the enchiladas for 5 minutes instead of baking them, which would speed up the recipe a bit)

PS- These are big guys- Al could only finish one! Granted I finished one too (thank goodness my metabolism still works!)

No comments: