7.23.2009

7.12.09- Day 55



Happy 25th Birthday Megan!!!! We celebrated Megan's bday today by going to a 3 Self Fellowship in the morning that Megan normally goes to, eating out for lunch (korean food), giving Megan her gifts, and packing up to take the night train to Beijing. The pic is us on our beds in on the night train. I think that Sarah has pics of Megs opening her presents and maybe of the church. (currently we only have about 1/2 of the pics from the trip because Sarah is still in China and Meg's camera got stolen on a bus- sad day).

Going to the 3 Self Fellowship was really interesting. Although I couldn't really understand the sermon, I recognized several songs- "Lord, I Lift Your Name on High" and "I Exalt Thee." It was so rich to worship with followers in another culture and language. The fellowship was totally packed. Many people were standing or sitting on plastic stools. Megs said that the sermon was about balance in life and the Father's creation of the Sabbath. I loved learning more about this aspect of life in China.

No comments: