7.31.2009

7.31.09- Day 74



Hmmm, time for a haircut post. I'm not even sure if I posted that I got a really bad haircut on Monday from a student at the Aveda Institute. I'm always trying to get cheap, cute haircuts and the Aveda Institute had been recommended to me by several friends. Well, it was just my luck that on Monday I got done with work super early and was able to squeeze in a hair appointment. I think I got a combination of a girl without much natural haircutting talent and me being in too much of a hurry at the appointment. Aveda Institute haircuts last about 2 hours and I had too many errands going on that day to wait for her to fix my hair after cutting it uglily (just made up that word.) Instead of the angled bob with a subtle stack, I got an even bob all the way around with very little stack. There was just too much fullness on the sides. Okay... I'm giving WAY too much haircutting detail!

All that to say... I needed it fixed. So, on Wednesday, I went to some store similar to Cost Cutter and got this Russian lady that I couldn't understand to fix the cut. (See pic above) She did a pretty good job, but I'm still not totally satisfied :(. It's a little bit uneven in the back- the stack is not completely smooth. Oh well, that's what I get for refusing to pay more than $15-20/cut. I'm really not sure how people afford to pay upwards of $50 every time they get their haircut, not to mention getting it colored too! I admit my cheapskateness (and I have the hair to prove it!)

Today was good... I got most of my caseload, got a lot of paperwork printed and organized, organized my desk, got my key to CDC, still don't have a laptop, met with the PTs and am excited about the great team I'm on, feel intimidated at all I don't know, am excited because I got to hear about some of my kiddos, saw Al for a little while, made Chicken Delight for dinner, dropped/broke/splattered a plate of Chicken Delight and corn all over the kitchen floor, ate dinner, took Nigel for a walk, did some paperwork and magazine reading at Barnes and Noble, blogged, and now I am going to bed!

No comments: